Gastroenterology Community
Stomach pain for a month!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach pain for a month!

So, i developed paing on january 22nd in my lower right hand quadrant, felt like a huge gas bubble. I went to the ER fearing appendicitus. They performed a lower cat scan and said that i had diffusal swelling due to a bacterial infection. They prescribed a 1 week dosage of both ciproflaxin and metronidazole. During the week of taking the antibiotics i would get really severe cramps in my lower back. After i got off the meds the symptoms continued but got a little less severe. its been about a month and im still having stomach problems. when i eat i feel some discomfort that gradually goes away. If i lay down after eating i sometimes get sharp pains right under my ribcage and sometimes in the upper left hand quadrant of my stomach. the pain goes away once i sit up or reposition. I am currently taking Aciphex as my doctor prescribed it. Can any1 shed some insight? I have never had a serious problem like this before. Im a 22 year old male who was in pretty ok shape before. Since i have gotten sick i have lost 25 pounds due to lack of apetite. My doctor told me it just takes time to rebuild the digestive system after going thru such a rough diseas and being on so many antibiotics but i dont know what to believe. The discomfort is getting to be annoying and i would really like to get back to my normal life. Please help!