Gastroenterology Community
Stomach pain..Could it be an ulcer?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach pain..Could it be an ulcer?

Hello, I have been having sharp stabbing pains in my stomach region..It is just under my sternum but above my belly buttom. At first, I noticed it occuring shortly after every meal or when I am really hungry. Lately I have been paying closer attention and it is now constant pain..I have been to the ER several months ago for rectal bleeding and blood clots in my stool and about severe constipation and they suggested I see a gastroenterologist..So now I am seeing that Dr. He did a colonoscopy and said there is NO sign of cancer but did notice a small hemorhoid and some rectal swelling. But I still question the dark blood clots in my stool. He said it is because of the hemorhoid. Okay so now I am having this stomach pain and he recommended I take Kapidex for heartburn, but I know this is NOT heartburn..I've had heartburn before and it does not feel painful like this! I am even losing my appetite because of the pain..so I just stop eating..Okay, so they just recently did an ultrasound on my abdomen to see if the pain could be my gallbladder or another organ..but the results came out normal! I have been researching stomach ulcers and am wondering if any of my symptoms could be an ulcer? Does anyone else have all these same symptoms? Is it possible that I have an ulcer?
I am having these pains also. Also have dark red tarry clots in my stool. I am very scared. I've also had a colonoscopy (some hemmroids) and an upper gi where they found a small lump that the doc said was harmless. but that was before the blood in the stool. Going in for a small bowel follow thru (?) this mild pain and discomfort is driving me mad mentally. I can't get the c word out of my head. it's going on 9 months and they can't find anything, but i know for a fact that something is wrong
Thank you for your response! I wonder if we might be going through the same thing or something very similar. I am going in on Monday to have an endoscopy done to take a better look at my stomach. The doctor was telling me that ultrasounds do not detect ulcers. I guess he did the ultrasound to rule out possibilities of gallbladder problems, which my gall bladder was fine. I am hoping that he finds out what it is, real soon. Have you tried getting an upper GI Endoscopy ? I really hope that what you're going through is resolved soon too! Thanks again!

-Elizabeth