Gastroenterology Community
Stomach problems and VERY fast metabolism.

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I'm 16, and waiting to see a gastroenterologist, but the NHS is making me wait 4 months, and i'm getting really desperate.

I've been having a general heavy, aching feeling in my abdomen for about 6 months, and its getting really bad. My stools smell absolutely foul, and I suffer from both constipation and diarrhoea, which is usually very pale in colour. Also, my concentration has become very poor, which is really affecting my A level study, and causing real problems.

Also, today I noticed unmistakably that my lunch was excreted just 5 hours later, which didn't seem right to me?

My GP said that my lack of concentration could be caused by a gastro problem, but by the time I actually see a gastroenterologist, I fear I may have failed my exams!

Both my dad and sister have coeliac disease, and thyroid problems run in the family. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing my symptoms?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Have you been tested for celiac disease or tried eliminating all gluten?  This could be causing your problems.  I would recommend looking into this.  Good luck.
Celiac disease does run in families, and your symptoms fall within the range of common symptoms of Celiac disease.  If you can't see a doctor for 4 months, I'd have to suggest you just stop eating gluten so you'll feel better.  Talk to your family and get them to help you because you can kind of feel better, yet draggy for the first week as you adjust to getting off gluten.  If your experienced family members can help you prepare the right food till you get strong, it will make it easier for you.  Don't forget to thank them if they do that for you.