Stomach sounds and pain
I am recovering from an intestinal bug where I had diarrhea and vomiting for 12 hours.  At the end of the vomiting it was green bile.  I have been having stomach problems such as right upper pain, bloating, gas, indigestion for about 5 years now.  I have had all the tests but nothing can be found.  I am slow to resume eating normal foods now but when I do eat there is a gurgling sound in my right side and it feels as if something is swelling up and causing pressure under my rib cage.
Hi there!

The acute/ short-term issues could be due to viral gastroenteritis which should subside on its own in 5-10 days. I would suggest taking plenty of fluids with added sugar and salt/ commercially available oral rehydration solution to compensate for the fluids lost. If the symptoms do not settle in 5-10 days or there is development of additional symptoms, I would suggest an evaluation by a primary care physician for appropriate management. A visit to the ER may be considered if there are symptoms of dehydration such as dizziness etc.
                     Possible causes of the chronic/ long-term issues include chronic infections, inflammations, parasitic infestation, dietary causes, malabsorption syndromes, GI motility issues, hormonal/ endocrine issues etc., It would be best to have this evaluated in detail by a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!