Gastroenterology Community
Stomach twisting
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach twisting

5284964?1263934271
I had a gastric bypass about 6 years ago, for the last 2 or 3 years i have been suffering from severe abdominal pain, no one was able to tell me what the pain was, finally yesterday a gastroenterolgist came up with a prognostic, twisted stomach! what is that? I have never heard of a human having such a condition, someone told me horses die from such things, so what can i expect? Can someone, anyone please tell me what is a twisted stomach and how do i get rid of it?

This discussion is related to Folded stomach or twisted.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My mother had a twisted stomach. It was twisted behind her heart. I guess she had a hernia in her diaphram, it traveled through that and became twisted for years behind her heart. She was not aware and thought she had acid reflux problems (at least that is what the doctors told her). She had to have a pretty big surgery to correct it. That is due to where it was and how many years it was twisted there. Doctors said it looked like it was there for at least 10 years. Anyway, she had the surgery 2 years ago and is doing very well now.

-Allyssa RI
Blank
Did you have pain with this?
Blank
Sorry I know you have pain but did it create trappeed gas rumbling through your intestines
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979