Gastroenterology Community
Stomach upset - side effects of Chollera?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hello.I'm having stomach discomfort which I have no idea where from. At first I thought it was indigestion, but I'm not sure.  Today is the 2nd day, I thought it was just minor indigestion or something (I sometimes get gassy stomach if I didn't eat properly). However, it didn't feel like it this time. Today it's still there. Then I remembered I just recently started taking Lifestream's Chollera. I used to take Sun Chollera a few years ago but had no side effects. I took Lifestream Chollera (smaller pills) before but I didn't notice any side effects, but I wasn't taking it regularly and it was low dose. This time I took it regularly and on the higher dose, it's been 4 days in a row now. I read the label and it said that it could cause stomach upset. I also read online that it could upset the stomach, could cause intestinal pain, vomiting, etc as the result of the detoxification effects chollera has (in other words, it's a sign that it's working).

My stomach discomfort is gassy, tight and stitch-like, in the lower ab part, mostly on the right, but occasionally I feel it in the middle and slightly to the left as well. I pass gas more often in this 2 days. It's not tender. I feel almost bloated like my period is about to come (it's not due for 2 more weeks).

My question is, has anyone used chollera had this happened? What did you do and how long did it last? Otherwise, anyone has any clue of what this could be?

Thank you.