Strange BMs for 1.5 years after "event"

22 year old male here. 1.5 years ago while in South America I experienced an awful digestive event. I was on the toilet producing green goo out of my butt for nearly 3 days and was in  abdominal discomfort for a week to two weeks. I recovered fine and haven't been sick since. The only issue is that ever since then, all my stools have been very soft and messy. Super messy. (yes ive used wet wipes, many per movement). There is also a little bit of leakage. Either stoolish liquid or dried feces or if I wash and try to moisturize the area (there is an itch in my anal area as well that I try to combat with moisturizer) sometimes a clear odorless residue is on my boxers. Ive tried fiber to no avail and I have no other symptoms. It's not bad, just really annoying and at times embarrassing. Any thoughts?
See a gastroenterologist to find out what's going on.  You may need medication.  This is not normal.  If he says you need endoscopy, do it.  The drugs make it easy.