Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Subcapsular Lesion of the Liver
Hi all,

I just got a report from my endocrinologist after trying to find a few answers to some ongoing health concerns that seemed hormonal (but it looks like they might not be after all). I had a CT thorax to rule out the recurrence of a benign thymic tumor that I had removed years ago, and incidentally, they found a lesion in my liver (subcapsular), but did not report on the size, the nature, etc. They said it remained unchanged from the scan I had back in October 2009 (meanwhile, the radiologist never reported this finding back then).

I was just wondering what "subcapsular" meant... and is this something to investigate further? My endo wants me to see a dietician now, and not have this investigated further, but I don't feel comfortable with this course of action...

Thanks!
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The liver is surrounded by a tough 'sac' of connective tissue that is called the 'capsule.' Lesion is a general term for 'something' being present. So the radiologist saw something that lies under the capsule of the liver, within the mass of cells.

This is a question you should ask your doc. It could be nothing at all, or something you may want to keep an eye on, but it's a question probably only your doc can answer.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources