Gastroenterology Community
Sudden vomiting after drinking SMALL amount of alcohol

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I can drink a few drinks without getting sick, however in the past few months its occasionally happened that I'll have one drink (each time it's been a different drink...beer, sangria etc) and a little while later get sudden nausea and have to throw up immediately. I've had to throw up in front of people in bathrooms, on the streets etc because it's so sudden. I can't find any information because everything that comes up is about being too drunk and getting naeusous. I know that it's not from that since it's never more than 1-2 drinks.

What could this be?
I've had the exact same. I can usually drink up to 3 bottles of wine on a binge or a bottle of spirit etc, but I have found in the last two weeks I have 2 beers and vomit or one or two glasses of wine or spirits and feel nauseous or vomit. I can't find any information anywhere as to why this is happening! Very annoying and slightly worried.