Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Swallowed fish bone
I had fish and chips today and I think I might have swallowed a fish bone. I felt a little ***** in my throat as I swallowed, but nothing stuck and no further pain since in my throat. Now I'm very worried about what could happen. I've searched online, and it seems that the only time it's mentioned that something bad could happen is if the bone starts by getting caught in your throat, and then from there it could pierce your esophagus and go elswehere in your body.

Does anyone know anything about this? As long as the bone goes down your throat without problem, am I in the clear? Or can it still puncture your stomach, intestine, etc? And if so, how long would it take before a problem presented itself, i.e. how many days need to go by before I can consider myself safe?
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Avatar m tn
Blank
fntn
MI
Avatar n tn
Blank
cnoevl21
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank
Caryopteris
Raleigh, NC
168348 tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine
621217 tn?1289012687
Blank
GoldFishy222
Albany, NY
Avatar m tn
Blank
me_just34