Gastroenterology Community
Swollen abdomen, pain, nausea, feels hot

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have had several incidences of nausea and vomiting over a 2 to 3 month period, I thought I must have been catching everything.  A couple of weeks ago, I had another episode, but it was different.  I started having pain on my right side, but it's not my gallbladder, because it was removed about 7 years ago. The pain, moved to the left side as well. It's kind of like, discomfort which turns to pain. My stomach and my upper abdomen is swollen and feels "full" and "hot".  I had several days where I couldn't really eat, due to nausea. I went to the Dr. and he did blood work (liver functions and pancreatic function), which I am waiting on.  He prescribed Augmenten for a sinus infection and that has really helped with the pain and nausea, but not with the "full" and "hot" feeling in my upper abdomen.  Does any of this make sense? Has anyone else had the same thing, what "fixed" it? Thanks!

Sorry you're feeling awful. Have you had any fever? Does it hurt to the touch? It could be something called diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is swelling of one of the little pouches in the intestine. My dad had it over the summer, and he kept trying to ignore it, but it got worse and worse. I would feel it.. it was extremely hot and felt like a rock. He had a fever over 102 and went to the E.R. where they found  it. If that sounds anything like you.. I recommend you get to the E.R. as soon as possible so they can fix it before it gets worse.

Good luck!
I have had this same problem and can't figure it out either. I had collitis once from an antibiotic a long time ago. And was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer a year ago. But to this day, no one has been able to figure out why randomly my stomach would swell up and hurt and the only thing that made it any better was ice. Id stuff a bag of frozen corn in my shirt and try and keep going about my day. But the pain would get so bad, id just be down for a day. Then the next day I'd just be done. It would still be a little swollen and not hurt the next day. I've had about three or four episodes like this. I hope you are right and your not right. LOL