Gastroenterology Community
Swollen anal opening

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Swollen anal opening

Hi, for last 2 years my anus becomes sore after a bowel movement and wiping. most days I will bleed a little bit on the paper as if a cut is never healing. I have crouched down with a mirror to see what is going on and what appears to be a blue ring shape at the anus opening starts to get bigger when exerting pressure from crouching. it appears to look like a flower if that makes sense!
Doctors have found no evidence of piles but I just don't understand what this blue ring shaped thing is and if it is normal for me to feel like it is swollen all the time (and my faeces feels like it can't fit through the hole and then bleeds!) The blood is clearly coming from the outside of anus as it stings if I use a wet wipe.
Any ideas what is wrong or is it a fact that all anus openings come in different shapes and sizes???
Prep H does not seem to do anything either and I try and drink plenty of water. A sigmoidoscopy 2 years ago found no problems with a stomach complaint I had but this anal irritation just won't go away !!!
Since you do not have hemorrhoids, I can tell you, however, that getting constipated, which creates stool that is dry and too big, will cause the vascular tissues at the end of the bowel to bleed.  The sure-fire fix is not only to drink lots of water, but you also must exercise regularly and you also should slowly introduce more fiber in your diet, to include oat cereal, whole wheat bread, fresh and frozen cooked vegies, dark green salads.  I tell this to everyone who has a hard time getting waste out.  While you're getting your eating habits in order, to relieve the irritation there, after every time you bathe put plain KY jelly (not the flavored kinds) on there, it'll ease chaffing.