Gastroenterology Community
Swollen anal opening
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen anal opening

Hi, for last 2 years my anus becomes sore after a bowel movement and wiping. most days I will bleed a little bit on the paper as if a cut is never healing. I have crouched down with a mirror to see what is going on and what appears to be a blue ring shape at the anus opening starts to get bigger when exerting pressure from crouching. it appears to look like a flower if that makes sense!
Doctors have found no evidence of piles but I just don't understand what this blue ring shaped thing is and if it is normal for me to feel like it is swollen all the time (and my faeces feels like it can't fit through the hole and then bleeds!) The blood is clearly coming from the outside of anus as it stings if I use a wet wipe.
Any ideas what is wrong or is it a fact that all anus openings come in different shapes and sizes???
Prep H does not seem to do anything either and I try and drink plenty of water. A sigmoidoscopy 2 years ago found no problems with a stomach complaint I had but this anal irritation just won't go away !!!