Symptoms the moment I wake up; why me?
For some time now I've been suffering with unusual symptoms in my throat. Some of the most disturbing symptoms include in mild burning sensation and the feeling of gas bubbles constantly moving up my throat. If I so much as bend over my throat will gurgle very loudly. There is no correlation with food and medication such as PPIs and H2-blockers do nothing.  I have also considered anxiety and have been on antidepressants such as 15 mg of mirtazapine, which also have no effect. The only thing I have found to make the burning in my throat is worse is ice cold water. Often however there is nothing I can do to get rid of the burning or burping, even alkaline water at PH 8.5 cannot stop it. Belching even one sometimes causes mucus to appear in my throat, however I am not sure if the mucus was already there.

I have already been for a number of tests including an endoscopy, barium swallow and a rapid spit test.  I have also made a number of lifestyle changes such as changes to my diet, elevating the head of my bed and so on. Next month I am expecting a 24-hour ph test from the company Restech. Until then can anyone please help me figure out what is wrong with me as the symptoms are very debilitating, and cause a great deal of anxiety for me. ..

Thank you for any help you can offer.
One thing I forgot to mention, these symptoms can happen at the moment I wake up as soon as I move even slightly, even if I have not eaten or drinking anything..!
Hi, it may be a functional disorder. has diabetes been ruled out? Diabetes mellitus can cause autonomic neuropathy and consequent slower motility of the intestinal tract. Medications to promote motility may help in emptying the intestines by promoting motility. Discuss about this medications with your doctor. Regards.