Gastroenterology Community
Tenderness and bump in stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Tenderness and bump in stomach

I have two questions. I'm not sure if they're related but I wanted to write them into the same subject to give more detail.

1-A couple of years ago, I started having a little pain in upper, central part of my abdomen, right under my rib cage. It wasn't always there but I was feeling it sometimes. After eating a little bit much or when I back bend and stretch that area or after bending forward a lot during the day, it was starting to hurt a little. I started eating carefully(like not too much bread and such) and resting for a while whenever I feel the pain coming and so, I don't have much problem with it anymore. But I do feel the bump/stiffness when I touch my upper stomach. I wonder if it is epigastric hernia? I heard that it also can be related to some gallbladder or reflux problems but I don't know anything about them. Of course I'm aware that I can't find out what it is just by asking here but I just want to hear some thoughts/advices.

2-Lately, I find myself squeezing the muscles around my right abdomen/torso. At first, I thought it was psychological/mental(I have some weird traits, but that's another subject) and tried to relax my muscles and let go. But then I realized that I have a sensitive feeling around there and I feel the need to squeeze the muscles around there. I can't explain the exact spot, it's somewhere under my ribcage(right side of course), above my hip bone, right side of my abdomen. It doesn't really hurt but it makes me uncomfortable and after squeezing my muscles for a couple of seconds, the feeling goes away. But it comes back after a few minutes or hours. Also, sometimes, when I touch just the right side of my belly button it feels sensitive. Doesn't really hurt but there is a tenderness. I wonder if it is related to the problem above or some other thing about gallbladder? Because it is the exact spot of where the gallbladder is, I guess. I researched the web but couldn't find anything like that problem, perhaps it is really psychological.

Sorry for my English, by the way. If I messed up, please tell me, I'll try to explain further.