Gastroenterology Community
There is something coming out of my butt and it's sometimes painfu...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

There is something coming out of my butt and it's sometimes painful to shove it back in

I think that's what I have too! I've had it for a couple of years now and it always just felt like skin with muscle in it that I would push back in. I'd sometimes have these "episodes" where for a couple of days it would keep coming out and it wouldn't stay in and would become painful-but then the pain would go away and it would stop coming out as much.

I can't think of why it's like that but recently there's been a small painful bump in the "protrusion" and I haven't found anywhere that I think it's like except hemorrhoids/rectal prolapse-which I don't think they are.

Can anyone help me?

This discussion is related to There's something sticking out of my butt!.
It's something that you need to see your doc about. it could be a 'simple' hemorrhoid, however it's always better to check it out to be sure. Hemorrhoids can often be caused by pushing if you're having problems trying to defecate, but they can also be cause by bouts of diarrhea.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers