Gastroenterology Community
Throat Clearing!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Throat Clearing!!!!!!!!!

I do not know what to do anymore.  I have been driving myself and everyone around me crazy for 6 months now.  I clear my throat excessively.  I had Nissen surgery in 2000 for GERD and when I saw my ENT and he took a scope and looked down my throat, he said it was definitely reflux.  He ordered an FEEST test.  I saw my gastroenterologist that requested my Nissen surgery and he did an endoscopy and a PH Bravo test.  The endo showed that it was loosening up again, however the PH showed acid, but not significant acid.  I went back to the ENT for the FEEST results and he said it showed positive for LPR.  How can I have LPR but show so little acid in the PH test?  Anyway, the ENT told me to go back to the surgeon and let him go through the tests and see what he says.  He is sending me for a Barium Swallow and an Upper GI.  Any other ideas or thoughts is appreciated.  I am so physically tired of clearing my throat and that feeling of something there.  Thank you!