Gastroenterology Community
Tight lump in the throat feeling

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Tight lump in the throat feeling

For the past week I have had a tight , lump in the throat feeling. I have the feeling all day. Last Jan I was having stomach problems and had a endoscopy done and was told I just had a irritated stomach. By the end of Feb stomach symptons went away and I felt good. Last week I developed muscle aches, feel weak and tired and have muscle twitches, pins and needles feeling in my feet along with the  throat thing. Bloodwork came back fine and I am having a mri on the brain done friday. My question is could my throat thing be stress or could I have some sort of gerd even though I don't have have anything that comes up into my throat. Could this stomach thing come back and causing my throat problem from worrying about my other problems?
This could be totally off the wall....but this has happened and still does on occasion with me.  For me it has everything to do with anxiety...it is quite a common side effect of panic/anxiety.  Are you stressing about something or have you had any of these symptoms before?  Seems like you are worrying alot.  Just try mentioning it to your doctor and see what he/she has to say about it.  It will put your mind at ease.

Moira

Hope you start feeling better!!!
Also have they checked your thyroid?  
Yes my thyroid was checked and came back normal. I am leaning towards anxiety doing this to me. I do go to the dr Monday and will bring this up with her. Thanks for your response.
Cheri