Tightness in upper abdomen/chest area
Have you ever had that "my stomach is going to growl" tightness that just won't go away?  It hurts just enough to really bother you, but not enough to be considered "painful".  It's tight, like there's a weight sitting there.  How do I know if this is gastro or if I should go get my blood pressure checked?  I don't have any money left for doctor visits that aren't needed since I've had three surgeries this year plus all the countless visits to have said surgeries.  How can you tell the difference between cardio pain and gastro pain???
esophageal pain somewhat resembles to cardio pain.This pain can be squeezing  and can radiate into the jaw or arms. Unlike ischemic heart pain, chest pain of esophageal origin is not predictably elicited by exertion and often occurs spontaneously, in relationship to meals or in the middle of the night.such pain can occur in achalasia, hiatal hernia, neoplasm,etc and commonly have other related symptoms associated. Gastro pain occurs in upper abdominal area, has relation to food,can be dull or burning in nature, and can have associated symptoms like anoroxia, bloating, nausea, vomitting, excessive belching,etc.ur prsent symptoms might be the outcome of the surgeries u have had. But without knowing ur past history and detail of treatment that u have gone through even a physician could not come up with anything.
saw my surgeon today.  He said that some of the pain I have is residual surgical pain.  Also said that if I still have pain and/or other symptoms after another week or so that he would refer me to a gastroenterologist.  So, I'll hurry up and wait, yet again.  ***sigh***
hi sorry just wondering about the pain you described, it sounds like what i started getting after i had a hellers myotomy my surgeon just said its nothing to worry about but its sore and very annoying, have you found out what to do about it yet ?
please reply