Gastroenterology Community
Tired of doctors

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Tired of doctors

i have been to so many doctors about my problem,i cough every time i eat or drink.i have had barium swallow test,came back fine,had one gastro specialist tell me i did not have acid reflux bad enough to cause the coughing problems,another gastro specialist in another cisty tell me i had severe acid reflux that had eroded my esophagus muscles making it hard to swallow and pit me on 2 nexium a day and a 300mg zantac,now my food is not digesting properly,the nexium makes me sick and gives me stomach cramps and bad headaches.i dont feel that is is acid reflux,i have done this for over a year and i am so tired of it,i cant eat at work without coughing my head off and i cant do my job which is answering a phone all day long at a call center,my voice stays hoarse, throat hurts bad now when i cough ,it did not before.i take allergy meds already and have for a while,my lungs are clear,thyroid test was ok,anyone know anything else to try,i am ready to give up,i am growing very tired and depressed over this.i stay fatigued very bad all the time,no energy to do anything,and now i am strangling from not being able to swallow completely.can it be gallbladder or liver causing the problems?
You know, I had such bad throat problems (no cough) but severe dryness (hoarse) and inability to swallow food, was diagosed with GERD, took prevacid, and it worked like a charm, my voice came back and I was able to eat. I still have to watch what I eat, like spicy, chocolate and coffee, acidic foods..all those irritate gerd symptoms in me, including heavy meals.

Good luck, hope this helps.
I'm no doctor, but wow, that's a lot of medicine.  2 nexium per day AND Zantac?  It looks like they'd want to see how you responded to a smaller dose first.

I know you're sick of going to doctors, but I'd try another one to get a third opinion.