Tired of rotten egg burps and sour stomach, HELP!!!!
OK, I had my gallbladder out back in 2000 because of awful pain in my back and stomach, sour stomach, rotten egg burps and couldnt tolerate chicken, eggs, and fried foods. After the removal of my gallbladder, I seemed to do ok for the next couple of years. The past 3 years have had occasional rotten egg burps, sour stomach, bloating of the stomach, lower back pain for a day then goes away. Now these last couple of months, I have the rott.egg burps, sour stomach, bloating real bad, back pain, and now vomitting up what seems to be bile, oh yes, and having a constipation problem. Im sick and tired of being sick!!!!! I have a little problem with acid refulx , usually fixed with tums, but when these symptoms all come nothing fixes the problem. I even tried prevacid, nothing!!! Can anyone give me some words of advice?? Thanks!
Check into the possibility that you may have problems with either spasms of the common bile duct or sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD), or you may have developed stones or sludge that could be irritating you biliary system. You may want to discuss having your liver and pancreatic enzymes checked and have an MRCP done with your doc.
I had the exact same thing you have.  My doctor just recently ran some blood work and I came back positive of Celiac Disease. Celiac Disease (CD) is a lifelong, digestive disorder affecting children and adults. When people with CD eat foods that contain gluten, it creates an immune-mediated toxic reaction that causes damage to the small intestine and does not allow food to be properly absorbed. Even small amounts of gluten in foods can affect those with CD and cause health problems. Damage can occur to the small bowel even when there are no symptoms present.  Gluten is the common name for the proteins in specific grains that are harmful to persons with celiac disease. These proteins are found in ALL forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn and faro) and related grains rye, barley and triticale and MUST be eliminated. Some of the symptoms are:
Recurring bloating, gas, or abdominal pain
Chronic diarrhea or constipation or both
Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
Pale, foul-smelling stool
Unexplained anemia
Bone or joint pain
Behavior changes/depression/irritability
Vitamin K Deficiency
Fatigue, weakness or lack of energy
Delayed growth or onset of puberty
Failure to thrive (in infants)
Missed menstrual periods
Infertility male & female
Spontaneous miscarriages
Canker sores inside the mouth
Tooth discoloration or loss of enamel
try digestic it is gluten free! the contents are also not genetically modified..it is pack with insoluble fiber which is good for both absorption of food and waste elimination
I've had Celiac for 18 months, and don't eat gluten or dairy, and still have the exact same symptoms you do.  I'm also in nursing school.  I'm demanding an endoscopy, because even after the blood and enzyme tests nothing is conclusive until they do that and take some biopsies.
hi my friend had a problem like that but it all was better when she drunk some apple juice
HEY........when my stomach was feeling like that i drunk lots of apple juice and ate only apple sauce.......thats what made my biles move!!!! hopes it works for you!!!!!!
Hi .

Burps that smell like eggs are a sign of your liver,When i was little i suffer from the liver and most of my burps smelled like eggs,even though i didnt eat eggs.
I think you should go to the Gastro and get your liver check up.
Hope you feel better
I use to think I had salmonella every time I had these burps, but reading on here it has made me realize it is not. The one thing that has helped me with my issue is to drink water with some baking soda. I was vomiting this morning for three hours straight, to the point where I was peeing my self from the forceful gagging and violent vomiting. And as soon as I found the post about water and baking soda I was like what the heck, so I tried it and OMG it worked, I felt better within 3-5 minutes. I was unable to sit up from the floor for more than 10 seconds before vomiting anything that I have swallowed (even  my own spit) and this method really helped. I still have gas (Burps and Farts) but they no longer smell sour or like eggs. That was the main reason that made me vomit was the smell. But even then my gas didn't occur so often as it did before drinking the concoction. And this all happened  today. Just a little help if any, just try the water and baking soda.
same problem here, bloating, gas, joint pain, fatigue, eye irritation, foggy mind, tried everything... going on 20 years now! If I can go without food for days I am abit ok.... doctors dont think its food allergiies, been tested for practically everything. I am not depressed.... what is wrong with me?
Please post your question as its own post because this one is over 2 years old.
alkaseltzer gets rid of it every time for me.
Hi, I have severe Fibromaylagia and you have all the symptoms that go along with Fibromyalgia Syndrome. This seems like also Acid reflex which also is apart of Fibromyalgia problems.
Hi everyone I'm the same ive had my gullblader removed 14 weeks ago and the last two days I've had bad pain in right ribs and in my back and then for two days now I've got bad wind and burp smell like rotten eggs so do my farts had all blood test done only one came back with folate low I'm stuck as doctor keeps saying there's not anythink he can do I carnt go out as I'm scard in case it stars when I'm out cause I know it will
Why not try peppermint tea or oil? I've found it really helps the nasty burps. I also take a zantac a few hours after the tea cause I got bad acid reflux and sometimes the tea can make it a bit worse. Honestly I had never had a sour tummy or those nasty burps until I got pregnant with my first child so I had to find natural things to help cure it and that's about the healthiest option my doctor gave me.