Gastroenterology Community
Tired of the pain in my Right upper quadrant of abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been having alot of pain over the last 2 -3 years in my right upper quadrant of my abdomen.  I feel pressure at times,like something is trying to push its way out of me from under my rib cage. I feel pain other times like someone has stabbed me with a knife.  I get alot of belching with the pain and pressure.  In the last couple months I have had a change in bowel habits also.  They are very soft wet and very foul smelling.  I get alot of pain first thing in the morning while I am still in bed.  I feel an urgency to run to the bathroom.  II had a CT of my abdomen which showed no stones in the gall but that I passed a kidney stone.  I had an ultrasound 2 years ago.  I had a colonoscopy showed some diverticulosis.  Ihad some blood work done and it showed the levels with my liver were off.  Not sure if it was high or low.  The digestive disease doc that I have been seeing was not too keen on the idea  when I asked about a hida scan.  But yet the PA in the office thought it was a good idea when I suggested it.  Im tired of the pain and Im tired of not knowing why I always have pain.  My question is Is there anyone else out there that had these symptoms and what did you do about it?  
If I didn't know better I would have thought I wrote this post.  I have been dealing with the same type of pain since June 2008.  I had my gallbladder removed in October and it has helped with the stabbing pain but I get the pressure pain as soon as I eat something.  I have had just about every test possible and they have yet to find my problem.  Since your liver levels are off I would check on your Spincter of Oddi.  That is the tube that runs from your pancreas.  It could be pinched and causing the pressure pain.  They won't test mine since my liver and pancreatic enzymes are normal.  I think the HIDA scan is a good idea too since it can find smaller stones in the gallbladder that the ultrascan missed.  Good Luck.