GASTROENTEROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Tissue in stool
by kacey222, Jan 08, 2011
Tissue or mucous in stool: I have had gastrointestinal problems for a while; no 'specialists' have been able to help me.  Lately I have tried mixing vinegar with warm water and doing small 8 oz enemas, frequently; I have released tons of opaque tissue.  It feels good when I release it but I can't find anyone who can tell me what it is.  I am going to assume it is lymphatic tissue that has attached to colon lining.  Of course 'opaque' tissue won't show up in tests I suppose and that is why they can't find anything wrong with me.  But there is a problem and until you try cleansing of this type you will see what I mean.  Everyone tells me they don't have anything like this - but they have never tried cleansing.  I have read that most cancers start with the lymph tissues that build up (can't release).  I'm hoping this is the case and that I am reducing the chance of colon or intestinal cancers.  Unfortunately I can't see any end to this, I have been doing this for several weeks and still get huge amounts of mucous.  Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to mucous in stool.
Member Comments (20)
by patient915Blank, Jan 08, 2011
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  What problems have you been having?  I might be able to help you find a good treatment for your problem.  There is no support that most cancers start with the lymph tissues that build up.  What you are doing will not reduce the chance of cancer.  I don't recommend the treatment you are using as it can cause problems in the rectum.  The mucous is normal and the amount you are releasing should not be worrysome to you.
by kacey222, Jan 09, 2011
Problems: chronic pain & swelling in upper right stomach under rib & constipation; intercostal neuralgia; white egg-like things in stool as well as lots of clear mucous.
by patient915Blank, Jan 09, 2011
What does the pain feel like?  Does anything change the pain?  By swelling, do you mean bloating?  What tests have you had done?  What have you tried with respect to diets?
by kacey222, Jan 10, 2011
Pain is dull/not sharp and worsens as the day goes on.  Swelling - inflammation.  I have done every test imaginable - numerous ultrasounds, MRI's, x-rays, etc.  The only test that showed anything was my naturopaths bio-resonance machime.  3 gastroenterologist, 1 hepatologist,1 ID specialist - none of which helped me.  Diets: I'm lucky if I can eat at all but yes I do watch the foods I eat and hve stayed away from beef and pork.  Anyway, do you know what the opaque tissue is?  I did get rid of 4 large gallstones yesterday after using electromagnetic treatment plus colonics.  The stones were in a kind of chain with tissuey substance around them.
by patient915Blank, Jan 10, 2011
Can you please tell me all the tests you have had?  I am sure you have not had every test imaginable.  Concerning diets, have you tried a lactose free diet for 2 weeks and a gluten free diet for 2 months?
by kacey222, Jan 11, 2011
Ultrasound, MRI, X-ray, stool samples, urine samples, bio-resonnance testing.  What other test is there and it will need to be from an unregistered doctor since they all say they don't have any idea what's wrong with me and won't do any more testing for me.  There is no point going any further until I find out what is wrong.  The only way I can do this is by asking questions like 'what is this opaque tissue'?  I don't know why you are determining my diet?  I do not eat lactose or gluten foods.  Numerous people have tried  me on different diets, etc.  This has been going on for 4 years and I have gradually cleaned up most of my organs.  I would still like to know why this unusual substance is coming out of my bowel instead of regular stool.
by patient915Blank, Jan 11, 2011
I am trying to help you which is why I am asking all these questions.  There are many other "traditional" tests you have not have which includes colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT scan, and blood tests.  I'm actually shocked you haven't had blood tests or a colonoscopy.  I don't believe these are done by unregistered doctors.  There is hope though, and there are reasons to go further even if you don't know what's wrong.  If you keep on trying you will hopefully find what is wrong.  I saw 4 gastroenterologists and they couldn't really find what was wrong and their treatments wern't working well.  I saw a 5th gastroenterologist and with one test she figured out what was wrong and now we are working on treating it.  I am not trying to determine your diet, I am just trying to make sure you have tried all these things.

To answer your question, there are 3 possibilities that I can think of concerning the mucous.  First is that the vinegar is irritating the lining of your colon making you produce this extra mucous.  Second is that because you are doing enemas so frequently, you are seeing the normal lining of your intestines come off  (this can be called mucoid plaque by people in alternative medicine).  Third is that there is something unique to you that is going on.  Did you notice this before you started doing enemas?
by kacey222, Jan 12, 2011
I have found a gastroenterologist that is supposed to be good and I've asked my doctor for a referral but either she won't do it or he won't see me, not sure but haven't got an appointment yet.  I have had numerous blood tests and I keep track of them - for 3 years.  I've had 2 colonoscopies - nothing found.  Yes there was a lot of mucous prior to the enemas that is why I started them regularly to clean it out.  It could be plaque or candida; I would think this much candida would not be so transparent.  It could also be e-coli or lamblia intestinalis.  If I spend $300 and send a stool sample to the States I could probably find out but I thought maybe somebody else in Canada has seen the same problem.
by patient915Blank, Jan 12, 2011
I didn't know you had blood test of a colonoscopy because you didn't list them in all the tests you have had.  I personally consider plaque to be a harmless substance that certain people have.  If you had e-coli I would expect you to have more symptoms so I don't believe it is e-coli.

Earlier you had mentioned swelling and had called it inflammation.  I doubt it is inflammation because of the location and symptoms so I was wondering why you thought it was inflammation and not bloating?