Gastroenterology Community
Tortuous sigmoid colon

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Tortuous sigmoid colon

Would tortuous sigmoid colon contribute or be the cause of incomplete distention on a virtual colonoscopy?  The gastroenterologist was unable to complete a regular colonsocsopy due to possible adhesions or diverticulitis in sigmoid colon at the first turn.  Thank you.

This discussion is related to tortuous colon.
After more than 30 years of pain, bloating and consipation I was just recently diagnosed with toreous bowel.
Great, there's a name for it now.   Is there help?   Very little.  My doctor prescribed a med that costs close to $90 a month and which is not covered under my medical plan.  
Even if I could get it-there's no way I can afford this), it is still no  guarantee it would help.
Yes, I agree with somone who posted earlier who said this is something we (I) have to live with  :-(
I have this too.  What is this med you speak of?  I just take miralax and colace and hope for the best on most days.
I am dieing to know the med as well as nothing seems to work for me.. I have been doing the Fiber thing (which too much makes the gas get trapped in the colon even worse and the pain is god aweful).. Miralax which still makes it so it takes over a week to have a BM and I last tried Amitiza which made me VERY sick from the side effects (felt like I had the flu)