Gastroenterology Community
Trapped gas in chest

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Trapped gas in chest

How do you get rid of trapped gas in chest after gallbladder removal surgery? It has been causing pain in the left side of the breast area and behind the left shoulder blade.
There's no way to force it out. You'll slowly 'out-gas' over a period of days following the surgery.
Avatar n tn
I have had what feels like trapped gas behind my left breast for a couple of weeks.  It is like a stabbing pain.  If I can maniputlate the area some gas seems to release and it feels better sometimes and sometimes not.
Also my left shoulder blade feels like it has a pinched nerve but that just started.  It is very annoying.......any advice?????
my husband has open gallbladder surgery almost 4 weeks ago, after 6 months of gallbladder problems, including a stent to bypass a massive stone stuck in his bile duct. the surgeon removed the stent, and stone, and also his gallbladder, but he was in a lot of pain, and the op lasted for 4 hours.  now, 4 weeks later he has a lot of pain in his left shoulder, which his doctor has no idea what is causing it.  we gather from your posts that this is probably trapped wind, but it has been 4 weeks since his operation.  we wonder how long this will take to resolve itself, as we are getting no help elsewhere! any replies would be gratefully appreciated
Had my surgery in Sept 2009 and still dealing with the problem every so often. Took Charcoal tablets and that seemed to work for awhile but it keeps coming back. Going back to the Gastro Dr. to see if he can give me something for it. But in the mean time he thinks its just going to be a "trial and error" process as to which foods effect me that way and which don't.