Tumor Marker Blood Test?
I have posted here a few times in regards to my abdominal pain/bowel movement issues. I'm currently seeing a GI which has sent me for 5 blood tests, a HIDA Scan and an upcoming Glucose Breath Test. I was just informed by a co-worker that I should ask for a Tumor Marker Blood Test, as I know that this is something I wasn't tested for. Is this a good recommendation? Could this test discover that I have a cancer of some sort in my stomach, pancreas or colon? I don't want to have cancer, obviously, but it's my worst fear and what I have been stressing over the most. I'm only 26 and know that stomach, colon and pancreatic cancer isn't typical for people my age but it's still in the midst of my worries. My PC said that after going over the blood work, Ultrasound and CT Scan that she can tell me for a fact that I don't have liver, kidney, gall bladder, spleen or pancreatic cancer, but in the same breath she said that they couldn't really see my pancreas on the CT due to gas. She also said that, from what they could see of the bowels, that they looked fine, besides my diverticulosis.

Anyhow, my real question is whether or not I should request a Tumor Marker test?

I'm becoming incredibly worried over my weight loss and non-diagnosis...