Gastroenterology Community
Twisted Bowel

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Twisted Bowel

Husband had twisted bowel a year ago does this tend to reacur
Yes it can but its different for everyone.
Thanks for your reply.  Husband had twisted adhesion & bowel surgery last year. Was eight weeks in hospital and ICU.  He was in the hospital for a week as the doctor thought he had the flu.  By the time they operated he was very sick and ended up in ICU.  That surgery they said was from adhesions from an appendicitis operation he had  in the sixties.  His bowels did not work so they operated again and said he had a twisted bowel that they massaged. Now one year later these past two weeks he has been constipated and then had stomach pain nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.  Today he feels lots better but it worries me that now that his stomach is empty and he starts slowly introducing food he will just get sick again.  Maybe he will always have troubles.  
I hope not! I'll pray for you guys!!:)