Gastroenterology Community
UPPER RIGHT BACK AND CHEST PAIN, FRONT OF NECK SORE TO TOUCH

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been having upper right chest and back pain for about 6 months. It has recently seemed to move up the right side of my neck. I had chest x-ray done and they saw a spot above my right lung and said it looked like a dropped lung. I then went for a ct scan with contrast and they did not see any spot, and said I was positioned wrong on my first x-ray. They then said it was acid reflux causing the pain and gave me acipex. It helped for a few days but now the pain is back in my upper right chest and back. Any help would be nice. I am 25 and pretty healthy.
I have acid reflux and I get pain to there. Did they check your gallbladder?
No they have not checked anything yet they want me to try the acipex first
I would keep trying what they gave you if it doesn't help let them know...
ok thank you very much. I have been prety woried about this and loosing sleep.
If your so worried about this get a referral to see a gastro
I think you are stress about this cause you want to know what is wrong with you. We all get like this. If you are worried I would go see a gastro I did and he eased my mind.......
I was reading your post again and now I see why your nervous what did they say about your lungs? why would they think it's acid reflux?
they did a regular chest x-ray and there was a spot above my right lung. They sent me for a ct with contrast and they did not see anything wrong with me at all. The doctor said that I was probaly positioned wrong on the first set of x-rays and the pain in my back and chest must  be acid reflux, but now i am just paranoid about every little pain after that incident.
Get a second opinion if you are nervous about this. Go to a gastro doctor and see what they say.... I know I get nervous about everything. It's scary cause you don't know what is wrong.. If they didn't see no spots on a catscan that is good. What symptons do you get? I can tell you if I get that cause I had reflux for 2 years now and no medcine is helping me.......
the only problems i have had is pain in my right chest and back it feals like a sore muscle but it comes and goes for about 6 months now. It is just a tight fealing in my chest. my neck and shoulder are also real tense alot of the time but that may just be stress
do you have your chest pain cured,i am experiencing the same problem?