Gastroenterology Community
UPPER RIGHT BACK AND CHEST PAIN, FRONT OF NECK SORE TO TOUCH
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UPPER RIGHT BACK AND CHEST PAIN, FRONT OF NECK SORE TO TOUCH

I have been having upper right chest and back pain for about 6 months. It has recently seemed to move up the right side of my neck. I had chest x-ray done and they saw a spot above my right lung and said it looked like a dropped lung. I then went for a ct scan with contrast and they did not see any spot, and said I was positioned wrong on my first x-ray. They then said it was acid reflux causing the pain and gave me acipex. It helped for a few days but now the pain is back in my upper right chest and back. Any help would be nice. I am 25 and pretty healthy.
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
I have acid reflux and I get pain to there. Did they check your gallbladder?
Blank
No they have not checked anything yet they want me to try the acipex first
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
I would keep trying what they gave you if it doesn't help let them know...
Blank
ok thank you very much. I have been prety woried about this and loosing sleep.
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
If your so worried about this get a referral to see a gastro
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
I think you are stress about this cause you want to know what is wrong with you. We all get like this. If you are worried I would go see a gastro I did and he eased my mind.......
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
I was reading your post again and now I see why your nervous what did they say about your lungs? why would they think it's acid reflux?
Blank
they did a regular chest x-ray and there was a spot above my right lung. They sent me for a ct with contrast and they did not see anything wrong with me at all. The doctor said that I was probaly positioned wrong on the first set of x-rays and the pain in my back and chest must  be acid reflux, but now i am just paranoid about every little pain after that incident.
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
Get a second opinion if you are nervous about this. Go to a gastro doctor and see what they say.... I know I get nervous about everything. It's scary cause you don't know what is wrong.. If they didn't see no spots on a catscan that is good. What symptons do you get? I can tell you if I get that cause I had reflux for 2 years now and no medcine is helping me.......
Blank
the only problems i have had is pain in my right chest and back it feals like a sore muscle but it comes and goes for about 6 months now. It is just a tight fealing in my chest. my neck and shoulder are also real tense alot of the time but that may just be stress
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
If your so worried about this get a referral to see a gastro
Blank
do you have your chest pain cured,i am experiencing the same problem?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank