Gastroenterology Community
URQ Pain/Burning, Lower Back Pain, Weightloss, Headaches - Desperate fo...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

URQ Pain/Burning, Lower Back Pain, Weightloss, Headaches - Desperate for Help

I am a 48 yr old female in desperate need of some answers. The following is a summary of what I've been experiencing. I am near the end of my rope with all of this and no closer to an answer. On April 27th of this year I began flushing in face and neck, my heartrate increased to 135, I had a pulsating/burning pain in the upper right quadrant just below ribs that radiated around to the back and into my right hip and palpitations. I was unable to eat anything without abdominal pain and burning. I have lost 14 lbs. at 5"9, I went from 134 to 120. After a brief stay in the ER, I went to see a gastro. doctor at U of P Hosp. He ran the following tests:

Abdominal Ultrasound - was unremarkable
Triple Phase CT Scan - revealed what appeared to be a hemangioma on liver (not the normal characteristics)
MRI - (without contrast) - confirmed hemangioma on liver - otherwise unremarkable
Octreotide Scan (looking for carcinoid cancer tumors) - unremarkable
Small Bowel Study - revealed transient distented ileum loop of bowel - Doctor was not concerned
MRI Brain - unremarkable
Blood studies...............all unremarkable and within normal limits

I am  now able to eat somewhat more but gain not a pound! The LRQ burning pain, dizziness and fatigue continue. Pain in my spine (especially lower back, hip and neck) have gotten worse. Headaches are excruciating. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Nov. 18th...

My docotor is at a loss and has said that perhaps I have too much stress and he has suggested I take Elavil (sp?)
Yes, I have stress! Who wouldn't who felt like this! I'm terrified the scans may have missed something. Does anyone have any suggestions or a similar situation out there?