Ultrasound Results Help?
Hi, i have recently had a Ultrasound of my abdomen. I was wondering if someone could explain what the report means.

The liver is bright consistent with fatty change. There is a small area of reduced echogenicity in the right lobe consistent with focal fatty sparing. Normal appearance of the gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas, kidney, aorta and portal vein.
The spleen is enlarged with a diameter of 13.2 CM

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could break this down so i understand it all.
Thanks.
Hi, the liver shows fatty liver changes. Fatty liver can be due to alcoholism when it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease and the other one is Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, which is due to obesity, diabetes and high triglyceride levels. This can progress to cirrhosis of the liver and can be associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. So, prevention or cure is by avoiding alcohol and treating diabetes, obesity and high triglyceride levels. Splenomegaly is a term which refers to enlargement of the spleen. The normal adult splenic length upper limit is usually around 12 - 15 cms. As it is on the higher side of normal, you will need to follow with your doctor for monitoring at intervals. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.