Unable to have bowel movements
I am only 23, work full time, eat regularly and healthy...I go days (over a week) without having a bowel movement, why? I have taken a laxativ before, make me go, but feel uncomfortable taking. I have really bad gas quite often as well. And when I do have a bowel movement it hurts, bleeds at times, and is not solid. Diarrhea symptoms if I do go. Help.
Sometimes, you just have to break down and get yourself in to a gastrointestinal specialist to properly explore what might be the cause and so they can know how to treat you specifically.  Generally, eating a diet high in fiber, drinking plenty of fluids, and exercising regularly should be enough for a young lady to not get constipated.  

The bleeding at times may be owing to hemmorhoid(s) or a fissure, aggravated by hard stool passing, but it can be a sign of something more sinister and blood should not be ignored, but the source should be found.  Even a non-cancerous polyp is now considered pre-cancerous in the world of GI specialists.

I find that Miralax or generic Clearlax (from Walmart) don't give as much gas as the metamucil and it's generic, possibly at least in part because you don't have to gulp it down.  But what I really recommend is go to GI specialist, get properly diagnosed and have them prescribe the treatment that they feel will be best for you.  Some people will alternate between constipation and diarrhea and have lots of gas with irritable bowel syndrome, but if you get diagnosed by a doctor with that, it should only be after other things are ruled out.