Unable to keep food down
I am a 53 year old female.  For just over 12 months I have every day been sick when I eat or drink.  What I eat makes no diference.  Spicy or plain hot or cold. When I hoover I have to stop because I am sick. I have before now had to get out of the bath because I am sick. I do not heave as you do normaly when you are sick it just comes up. I have been in hospital 5 times had tests and more tests.  One doctor said to me he did not know what is causing the problem.  I am now going to a second hospital.  
I have lost weight, my potassium level goes very low and I have to have it topped up. have no energy, my chest can get very tight, get constipated, very emotional,  feel sick most of the time.  But I still get hungery and I can eat a meal as long as it is not dry.  But it will not stay down.
I have a small hiatus hernia and I have IBS but the doctors say these are not causing the problem.            
Have you had an ultrasound of your esophogeas?  You may have a stricture, that need stretching.  That will cause the food to come up because it cannot make it to your stomach.
My friend has the same problem as you. It is now getting very worrying for all of us as she has not been able to keep anything down for the last 8 months. She has lost so much weight that she now looks just like a skeleton. She has been in hospital twice now and the doctors cannot find out what is wrong with her. They done an MRI, CAT Scan and other tests but nothing showed up. They are now talking about sending her to behavioural classes - has your doctor ever mentioned this? At the beginning she was also diagnosed with having a small hiatus hernia but the doctors also advised that this was not causing the problem. Any suggestions as what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.
I am 36 have diabetes and ins for the last month I have had very bad stomach pains along with I can not hold food n me as soon as I eat I have to throw up or diarrhea I have no desire to eat when I do get hungry 2bites. N I want to throw up but stomach is exstended n hurts
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2008.  The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on.  Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew.  To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page.  This will get your post the attention it deserves.  Thank you.