Gastroenterology Community
Unbearable stomach pains that come in waves

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Two nights ago I thought I was having extreme hunger pains. When I got food however, the pain had intensified and I didn't want to eat. Then later on the stomach pains worsened, coming in waves. No position I could find either lying down or sitting up could ease the pain. The pain was excruciating and I couldn't stand up straight. During the night the intense stomach pains were accompanied by some vomiting and absolutely horrible diarrhea. I would say that I was unable to sleep for more than 20 minutes at any point during the night. It was horrible. The thing is, this happens to me quite frequently. In the past year it's happened at least four times. Same situation. It feels like at first I'm very very hungry, then the pain worsens until I'm unable to move. This happened two nights ago. Today I have no diarrhea but when I eat anything, I feel a small wave of pain-not nearly as bad as it was the other  night. Can anyone offer ANY insight into this? It seems to be getting worse and worse each time it happens.
Please see a Gastroenterologist regarding this for a full evaluation.  You could see your doctor, but he will only refer you to a GI doctor anyway.  There are many things it could be, so it's best to see your doctor and nip this in the bud now.  I wish you all the best and take care.