Gastroenterology Community
Uncontrollable vomiting after food? Stomach not digesting anything??

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hey everyone
So this is a long story so I'm really sorry
Well, march of last year, I was noticing my digestive health wasn't as good as before. Like I was getting noxious easily and food was staying in my throat. However, it wasn't severe and it gradually went away.
Then, September of this year, I decided to diet and became obsessed with everything I ate. In October, the food all of a sudden stayed in my throat again and I began uncontrollably vomiting. This spiraled into depression and bulimia, where i was eating large e quantities of food because I knew it would go up anyways. Anyways, now I'm trying to recover and the food is staying in my throat again and food is not digesting and just staying in my stomach. Today, for example, i ate a salad for dinner at 6:30 pm with smoked salmon and at 1pm I experienced really painful discomfort in my stomach and the food came up. That is 4 hours and the food didn't even pass my throat! I am really worried and it is starting to affect my whole life.
I want to go a doctor but I'm not sure what kind: should i see a gastroenterologist or a throat doctor?? What kind of tests should I do?
It is really distressing especially since I'm only 15 and haven't had my period for more than 2 months now. My mom caught me throwing up and i keep telling her that i can't help it but she just thinks I have bulimia and that I have stopped doing it since Thanksgiving! My throwing up has dramatically decreased though since I stopped eating large quantities of food but the discomfort is still there.
Please, any help is welcome :) I'm truly desperate and I just want a normal metabolism that every teen has
**sorry I meant to write at 1am
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend you also post this question on the eating disorders community at: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Eating-Disorders/show/165.  It sounds like you are having GERD or reflux/heartburn.  I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist about this to see if he agrees and to be put on medication for this.  There are great medications for this that can really help you.  Good luck.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers