Underwear soiling

I have this problem of soiling of my underwear and a constant foul smell from my back side, no doubt from my anus. It is  worse when I sit than when I stand. I had impacted stool many years ago but no longer have constipation. I feel that all that straining from constipation may have damaged something in the colon/rectum or something, but when I went in and did tests, the doctor said sphincter strength is normal.

My feeling is gas is leaking out some how. When I have to pass gas, I cannot hold it in, ever. As much as I try, it slowly leaks out. Very minute fecal matter must also somehow leak out because how else would my underwear stain (hygeine is excellent). It also always feels like some air is passing out from my anus. Maybe the sphincter muscle is normal, but its positioning is altered in some way? Could it be nerve damage?

Appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.
Go see another doctor.  What you are describing is not normal for anyone.  

By the way, people pass gas all day long without realizing it.  But for you, when your digestive tract moves around as usual, apparently more than gas is coming out at the same time, which that staining can start to smell.  You could get pant liners to throw away, to lessen odor, and get baby wipes to clean the area.

Also, normally bowel movements smell a lot worse when waste is spending too long in the digestive tract, which this shouldn't happen.  Which means your diet has to encourage well-formed, easy-moving stools.  Whole grains, whole fruits, and fresh vegetables of course are needed to help this, and not so much meats, although eggs are okay.  Ask your new doctor about your dietary needs.