Undiagnosed Abdominal pain/bloating/stool problems
My daughter is 15 yrs old. 2 years ago she had a bad case of Mono and it seemed to set off all kinds of other problems.  She experiences daily bloating/abd pain/ bld and mucus in stools. Pain before defecating and then feels better after. She has what she calls "fever things" where she feels very hot but her skin is always cool. She gets a crusty eczema I am guessing throughout every winter now, its strting to clear up now like usual. But this abd pain is around her umbilicus and has been causing her lots of pain. Endoscopy, colonoscopy revealed nothing. Labs nothing. But she continues to have pain, bloating and blood and mucus in her stool. Shes losing weight because she bloats painfully as soon as she eats something. No one has a clue. Anyone out there have any thoughts. Its so hard to watch her suffer every day and not be able to help.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  When I was 15 I got mono and then developed a lot of GI issues.  I was eventually diagnosed with gastroparesis (slow emptying of the stomach) which could cause the bloating when she eats.  This can be tested for with a gastric emptying scan.  I would also recommend that she get a CT scan of her abdomen to look for other problems.  Was a biopsy taken during the endoscopy to look for celiac disease?