Gastroenterology Community
Undiagnosed upper left abdominal pain, nausea, chest pain and anxiety

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

For the past week, I have suffered from severe abdominal pain in my upper left quadrant, along with diarrhea and constant nausea.  I've also had pretty bad chest pain right under my left breast and in the area of my sternum.  I have never missed more than 2 days of work in a row, but I have not been able to work all week.  I don't get more than 2 hours of sleep a night due to the pain, and I'm also suffering from severe anxiety as well.  I have visited the ER twice, a cardiologist, and my primary care physician this week.  I have no answers.  These are the tests that have been done:
a. EKG’s- multiple
b. Event monitor (7 days)- 10 pvc’s each day- benign
c. Holter monitor (2 days)
d. CT scan of the abdomen (Discovered a Fatty tumor on intestine, but the doctor said that is unrelated to my present symptoms)
e. Blood work
i.      Checking for heart attack markers
ii.      Thyroid twice
iii.      Liver and pancreatic enzymes- twice
iv.      H-Pylori
v.      White blood cell and red blood cell count
vi. Urine culture twice
vii. Rectal exam
f. Chest x-ray

With the exception of the fatty tumor found on my intestine (which the doctor said is not related to my symptoms), every text came back normal.  I cannot continue to live like this.  Can anyone provide any insight or any homeopathic treatment that I can pursue on my own?  Thank you so much for your help.
Hi, as other causes have been ruled out your symptoms could be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. You try lifestyle measures to help with your symptoms. Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAIDs, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. Hope this helps!!