Gastroenterology Community
Unexplained Weightloss/ Stomach problems/Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hey there. I'm pretty new to med help website. Thought I would try and post on here to see if anyone had any suggestions or ideas.

I'm a 23 year old female. Still pretty young. I started having stomach issues when i was 18. i got an endoscopy done, and they found irritation in lining of stomach and esophogus. I got put on Nexium, which didn't help much. I got heavy fullness after eating like 2 bites, and horrible Nauesa.
Just within the last year. I've started getting stomach problems again, only this time the nauesa was from eating  everything from crackers, to anything...I noticed over past year i've lost a lot of weight, while maintaing a healthy/full meal intake.  Im 5" usually weighing in around 100-105 everytime the doc has taken my weight. Now im down to 86-87 pounds :(.. Keep in mind im naturally little, (korean), but still 86 is way to low for what my normal weight is kept around.  As well this time around I've had blood in my stools off and on for the past year.

I went to the gastro doctor last week, and she did a "behind" exam.. and found no hemroids, or fissures... So far I've gotten a blood test for celiac disease, i got a gastric empty study done last week, and am scheduled for a colonoscopy january 4th, which i've never had one before either..a lil bit nervous.

My main concerns is the weight loss,  and blood in stool... its a brighter red. Blood is on toilet paper and in stool. As well the nauesa... it interfers with life sometimes. Last week I had this episode that lasted 45 minutes. Out of nowhere i started getting dizzy, and my body started getting cold, like the feeling of an IV running through your arm... and was heavily nauseas.

Anyone have any ideas or have been going through the same symptoms i have??? It seems most times i go to the doc its hard for them to diagnos... but im hoping and crossing fingers they have answers for me.

Thanks again!!
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
i can relate to all that your saying im steven 19 hi ....for the last year ive lost 30 pounds my weight was of 180 now imdown to 150 ive had a bloody stool twice and im suferring from constant diarrhea and i do get does chills youtalk about and the cramping and sometimes i feel dizzy and with nausea..but all my blood work show that everything is normal...and ive been tested for hiv/aids hepatitis diabetes for anemia all type of stuuf and nothig has come up ...im getting a colonoscopy the 8th also very nurves and my upper gi series done i wish good luck for you ...and hang on there i know it may get annoying feeling this way but you have to be strong and do allot of tests till you find out what it is ok... take care
oh and try changing what you eat may play a big role on your condition