Gastroenterology Community
University Gastroenterology as good as everyone says?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

University Gastroenterology as good as everyone says?

I was recently diagnosed by my PCP with Crohn's disease and I live in the rhode island area, I'm having a hard time finding a gastroenterologist that I like, I found this site: http://www.universitygi.com and all the reviews I've read of the doctors there are spectacular, Lisa Mueller actually was rated Best Doctor for a Woman 2 months in a row.  I'm just a little nervous going to a doctor I know nothing about so please share anything you've heard or experienced.  It doesn't just have to be about crohn's disease, if they've treated you for anything, liver problems, IBS anything like that please let me know what you think of them.  Thank you
50%
 (1) 
University Gastroenterology treated me well
0%
 (0) 
University Gastroenterology cured my IBS
50%
 (1) 
University Gastroenterology treated my Crohn's well
0%
 (0) 
I wouldn't suggest them
2 Members voted
Related Discussions
My husband started having severe cramping, gas, at times, bloating, and diarrhea about the past 20 years. He is now 61 years old. he often has to take anti-Di meds to try to survive. He has to go immediately when  he feels the urge. He seems to be in good health, sees his Dr. often. He has had several colonoscopies, but they say he is clean and clear. His life is rough , socially,with this condition.( His movements are quite explosive at times.) He has dark circles under his eyes, often darker than usual, and seems to have issues with energy. He eats a salad, and within an hour, he wil see undigested food in his movement. He always worked shiftwork most ofhis work-history and we attributed it to his job stress, he never slept well, etc.
Is there any relief in this lifetime for him?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...