Gastroenterology Community
Upper Abdomen/Lower Left back Pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Upper Abdomen/Lower Left back Pain

I am 24 y/o and have had some GI troubles for the past year.  I have gone to see 2 general practice, and 2 GI Specialists and still no solution.

About a year ago, I started getting pains in my upper stomach and lower left back after eating.  It kind of feels like I have to have a bowel movement, but nothing will come out.  The pain would go away if I took a warm shower, or if I laid down on my left side with my knees bent.

I went to the doctors and they said I have a lot of acid reflux and put me on all sorts of medicine that I have been on since.  Nothing really got solved.  The pain started to go away if I avoided meat (could eat seafood).  However recently, it came back triggered by anything that I ate.  

I had an Ultrasound, Barrium X-ray, Endoscopy all done and no solution.
It sort of sounds like you're constipated.  Constipation can be very sneaky.  MiraLax works for me.  I mix it in juice and take it every day.  Relief is very quick.  Take it at night and you would start having relief in the morning.
After doing a colon cleanse I developed back pain it's more like a frying feeling right where the sigmoid colon is located.  If I don't take a cleanse pill I get constipated now and when I use the pill I get this feeling of frying in my back.  Now I feel like my insides ovaries and uterus is going to fall out.  I have a history of ovarian cyst the simple cyst I get them all the time the bust and cause this frying feeling to but in lower stomach. I think I have irritated my GI system doing this cleanse. I did lost 15lbs from it.  

Any ideas?

D
You can try taking a probiotic supplement everyday.  You can buy it at any drug store over the counter.  It really helps with Constipation and Diarrhea.  If your constipated it helps you go and if you have Diarrhea it helps in Bulking up your bm. I am not sure what your pains can be unless your constipated or its a colon spasm. Could it be IBS - irritable Bowel is usually resolved after a Bowel movement.