Gastroenterology Community
Upper Abdominal Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Upper Abdominal Pain

I am 19 years old. In my upper abdomen I have been experiencing waves on pain for the past 2 years and I have ignored it. They have been sharp pains that usually last just one day, but on one or two occasions it lasted longer. The waves of pain only come about four times a year. I don't know if this is linked to my problem but I have also started burping a lot for the past year, but now not as much as I used to when the burping began. Sometimes I will have pain in my lower back as well but I have not noticed if the pain in my back was also when I had pain in my upper abdomen. I have been pooping regularly, with no blood or anything. I have been looking online and I am freaking myself out because of all the possible complications I could have, one of them being stomach cancer. Also for the past six months I have been feeling really tired all the time. At first, I thought that it was just because I was starting my first year of college and my sleeping habits changed, but I feel like being tired for this long is abnormal. Also sometimes I feel weak. I don't think I have had abnormal appetite loss, but in the past I have been able to be full after eating something small, but that does not happen all the time. I am freaking myself out and if anyone has any idea what could be wrong with me please let me know!