Gastroenterology Community
Upper Gastric Acid Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Upper Gastric Acid Pain

I have experienced intense pain in my upper stomach for the past 10 months. It literally feels like acid burning its way through the base of my food pipe where it enters my stomach. The pain goes in cycles - the pain comes on randomly, grows to the point of almost passing out and then turns to gas which then causes a bowel movement.

I have undergone a Gastroscopy, an esophageal manometry, a 24 hr Ph Acid test, an ultrasound and a barrium swallow test.  The 24hr Ph acid test returned a reading in the late 40's. The official diagnosis was a hiatal hernia and acid reflux. I then underwent a nissen fundoplication in an attempt to stop the pain. 7 Weeks later and now there is absolutely no let up in the pain whatsoever. My stomach still growls and burns 24 hours a day. The only relief I get is when i go for prolonged periods of time without eating and even then there are the normal hungry pains. After I eat, it feels like the food has been digested far too quickly and I feel like I have not eaten a thing.

I have not experienced any weight loss or effects of that nature.Upon seeking alternative medical help it was suggested that I have Thallium in my system and am now on various alternative medicines such as oil pulling etc. Is there any other explanation for what is causing these symptoms? It might also be useful to note that if I was to wake up in a certain position and have no pain, shifting position can cause the pain to return with a vengeance so to speak.