Gastroenterology Community
Upper Middle Abdominal Light Pain & Swelling

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

hello everyone. for a few months now i have been experiencing a tight/sharp pain very very occasionally in my upper middle abdominal area when getting into a position where i have to bend that area alot like getting into a back seat of a 2 seater or something like getting up from a recliner. im 23 and if this information helps i have been drinking alot for the past couple months. also im not the healthiest person, i get heartburn alot and i am a bit overweight.

but for awhile now i just ignored it without any problems for months and just about a week ago i experienced the pain from having to get into a small car in teh back seat. it was a sharp/pulsating pain for about 2min or so and went away. about 2 days ago i felt around in that area and it seems like there is a bit of a swelling inside and its numb feeling in that area. as i sit now i feel very very light feeling in that area not painful as i was just pushing around in that area. if i ignore it though there is no pain and past couple days when bending over to pick up stuff etc it has been ok but the numbness etc is still there. even as i push there is no pain really. so im a bit worried and as i dont have health insurance i wanted to see if anyone knows what this can be. ive been told maybe a hernia or gastritis but even then its a maybe.
could be a aortic anyurism,,,id have that checked out at the hospital at lease,,,get some scans,,if it is,they can fix,it it ifs not least you know in your mind,but aortic anyoursms can kills you!!
thank u very much for the reply crambone. man that sounds pretty scary :(  

ive had this so called problem for months now id say probably over 5months now. i will be sure to go to a doctor here as soon as possible. i guess im just curious to get a bit of a clue of what it could be before i do go lol.

i did however feel around a bit more in that area and its not directly in the middle of my abs ( if that changes anything) which i apologize now for the title :P . its towards my right abdominal muscle just right next to the middle area. its numb when i feel it constantly its been numb for days now and its hard to tell due to the numbness but its seems a little bit swollen/larger then the left one but not by much.  the area that is bothering me is about the size of a half a dollar coin maybe a slight bigger.

also ever since this i haven't experienced any kind of vomiting, stomach aches, or other sicknesses. is there by chance i stretched a muscle? i say that because of all the past months of drinking i have got a pretty big beer gut now lol and not sure if the growth might cause this. anyway thank u very much for your reply and to anyone else who can help :D