Upper Right Abdominal Pain to touch.
I have been experiencing pain in the upper right quadrant of my abdomen for sometime now.  It only hurts to touch...for example, when my doctor asks me to inhale and presses (when I am lying on my back) it hurts to touch.  In fact it was during a physical that I discovered the issue.  Since then I have had blood tests (for liver function and everything else), I have had a ultrasound and a CT scan.  All of them came back clear or normal.  What might be causing this problem because nothing is showing up in tests?  My doctor thinks it may be muscular, however, I would have figured that would heal over the course of a year.  The only other condition I have is IBS which I was diagnosed with years ago.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks for you time.
If you are a woman it could be you are menopausal or pre-menopausal.  It seems odd but, I had this probelm not so very long ago it was corrected with hormones (progesterone).  Who knows, if you are a man it could be some sort of hormone imbalance as well.  Talk to your doctor about this.
I have tendinitis in my diaphragm and have had lots of pain for years with mine but it was just recently diagnosed.  Mine is in the same spot with the upper right quadrant
@ austinsmommy2 --how did they diagnose the tendinitis in your upper right quadrant?  

@ newsie2000, I am a man.  Would I be wrong in thinking that hormones would have shown up in a blood test?

Thanks to both of you for you help :)
Yes, hormones will show up in blood tests, but they have to do the right tests.  Also you have to have a doctor whom is knowledgeable about hormones.  Even as a woman I have had doctors say "why would you ask for such a "strange" test?".  For insurance reasons I had to leave my very knowledgeable hormone doctor/gynocologist, and thus ended up with some that were less than knowledegable about hormones.  I also know sometimes any of the different blood test show a person within a normal range (on one side or the other of normal, but near the "ab-normal" zone), the person is still not feeling up to par and should ask the doctor what they should/could do to remedy this.