Gastroenterology Community
Upper Right Quadrant Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Upper Right Quadrant Pain

Hello from Snowy Ohio,

Well here is my problem.  I am a 47 year old Female.  I had my gall bladder removed 2 years ago, it was working 13% per the Hida Scan.  I lived with it non functioning for over a year and in severe pain because I was taking care of my husband, who also had his gangerous gall bladder removed along with some other major issues.  About 5 months ago I started experiencing this pain that starts in back and radiates toward the front, just under my rib cage.  Everything I have read points to the gall bladder.  Don't have one.  This pain lingered on for over a month before I finally got into see a doctor, who ran tests to show that my liver is fine.  Of course shortly after my visit with him the pain went away.  

For about 3 days now, it is back.  I'm wondering what could possibly be happening here?  It is obviously not my Liver or my Gall Bladder.  My stools don't seem any different than they have.  With having IBS they are pretty much unpredictable.  I drink decaf coffee, an occasional beer and cigarette, sometimes even wine.  I'm pretty much a night owl and don't get much sleep, but never have.  Drink lots of water.  Eating habits have never changed.  This dull throbbing in my back is occasionally like a stabbing pain.  I do take Pravacid daily and when I miss get heart burn.  This pain is almost the same.  Any suggestions?  Any ideas?