Upper abdomen pain (chronic)
Upper abdomen pain been going on for 7 years now and doctors are puzzled of what this can be. Had all test Hida, CT scan, Ultrasound,Helicobactor, You name it i have had it. Pain is located right hand side of rib cage just of centre. It then radiates downwards towards bowel and also radiates around back between spine and right hand shoulder blade. Started 7 years ago with an attack that gave me palpitations and drained in colour. my wife said i was totally greay in colour and looked like i was going to pass out. I am 33 years old and now thinking of a private specialsit to see what other options are out there as cannot stand it no longer. Pain at moment is 8/9 out of 10.
Hi there!

Aside GI issues pain around the right side near the rib cage could also occur secondary to causes related to the chest wall such as inflammation, pleuritis, causes related to the respiratory tract, neuromuscular causes, referred pain from other regions etc.  It would be best to have this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thank you for your response. It does make complete sense as sometimes it does feel like my right lung is under pressure due to something being inflammed. I did suffer from plurisie about 10 years ago so maybe there has been some effect from thai i dont know. Now mentioned this is my next step to get these areas examined. Thank you for your response and i will keep you updated on my news.

Kind Regards
Kieron