Upper abdominal/back pain with watery stools or soft yellowish-brown stools
I am a 50 yo female with a history of acute pancreatitis and gallbladder disease resulting in cholecystectomy at the age of 20.  For just over a week, I have been experiencing upper abdominal pain, usually toward the center but sometimes under the right rib cage, with pain radiating to the upper center or right back.  The feeling is similar to that during severe gallbladder attacks or pancreatitis, though not as painful and disabling...more chronic and gnawing in nature.

I am typically pretty irregular and often have bouts of constipation.  However, at the beginning I was have 1-2 episodes of dark brown, watery stools every day.  This has changed over the past few days to soft, thin stools that are yellowish-brown in color.  The bowel changes are not something I experienced with the previous GI problems.

I originally thought this was some type of viral infection that would run its course.  Since it does not seem to be going away on its own, I think it may be time to make an appointment with my PCP.  Do you have ideas on what could be causing these pains and bowel changes?  Would it be okay to make an appointment when I am off on Friday (3 days away), or would it be advisable to try and see my doctor tomorrow?  

I would greatly appreciate any information or advice.