Gastroenterology Community
Upper mid abdominal pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Upper mid abdominal pain

Hi, my problem is a chronic acute and severe upper-mid-abdominal pain for more than 4years. Besides this, i used to have a shortness of breathing, heartburn, heart pounding and palpitation. I had consult several doctors and had taken so many different medicines till now with no progress. Mild pain is there everyday and every night and this mild pain sometimes used to pain severely the whole week. Last month, i went to Hospital and their findings were high phosphorus, mild gastritis and IBS. But, i think all these diseases are not related with my pains. They gave me antispasmodic tab. which does not relief either of my pain and anti-depression tab. Prothiaden which doesn't work on me and a Fybogel powder which i took 2 tsf every night. But till now, the pain i used to have is the same as before, i found no progress. When it pains severely, I just think that i'm going to die because i cannot hold the pain with shortness of breathing and heart pounding. So, I need your advise please.
Did they check your Gall Bladder, the palpitations could be anxiety from the pain, Gall Bladder pain it usually severe and under the right Rib radiating up towards your back and under the shoulder blades. Is it worse about 2hours after eating , try eating and drinking lightly, Lemon Juice in Warm water, pinpoint if eating does aggrevate the pain , ans ask for more tests if it continues.
I have done whole abdomen CT Scan, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Upper GI biopsy, colonic biopsy, pH monitoring, ecg, etc. and are normal. I am totally confused what diseases I am having and what treatment am i going to take in the future!!
Hey Dude , Sorry to hear about your agonizing pain. I can only relate some Things Ive been through.- About two years ago i had heart failure , I was in the Hospital for a week while they tried to figure out my prognosis.- They blamed it on a hypertension drug i was on and released me . I started to have real bad upper abdominal and chest pain and had shortness of breath , so i went back to the hospital. This time they tried to tell me that i was having gas pains and that real bad gastritis can mimic heart pain. I raised hell and they did some more tests , finding a 65% blocked heart artery , they put me on medications.  To make a long story short , i really had to ***** before i  could find a doc. to send me to a cardiologist and receive a stent to open the collapsed artery due to Heart disease. Its been , as i stated , 2 years and just recently i started to have severe upper gastoral pain , palpitating heart , cold sweats and shortness of breath. I honestly did not know if it was my heart or bad gas!! I took 150 mg. of Zantac and about 2 hours later i felt a little better.  I can't say 100% that is was gas though , as it seemed identical to the angina i get from time to time.--It sounds like you and your doctors have been through the usual [ and then some ] tests on your insides. If i were you i would get 2nd & 3rd opinions and make sure that they take a good look at your heart.  Sometimes an artery may not be clogged enough to meet their criteria for a heart stent , even though its causing obvious pain & problems.
That's when you start yelling until they listen.--- I will be praying that your feeling better brother.... Good Luck!!