Upper middle abdominal pain that feels better after I eat
Hi, my name is Jessica, im 28 years old. I would consider myself mostly healthy, besides having depression and anxiety and some other undiagnosed symptoms ive been dealing with. Every once in a while i go through a few days or more of upper middle stomach pain that usually happens at night when im laying down. It starts with a hungry feeling even if ive eaten enough throughout the day, then i feel pressure in my upper stomach followed by severe cramping, aching, gnawing pain. Usually if i get up and eat something the pain subsides, but then i feel this swelling or pressure like sensation in the upper stomach that lasts for an hour or so. This has been happening for the past few days, and last week i had constant nausea. What could this be, peptic ulcer? gastrointestinal problem? With my anxiety problem, these symptoms usually trigger a mild panic attack, so any answers would really help, thank you!
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  This could be a food intolerance.  Have you seen your doctor about this?  I would recommend talking to your doctor about trying to eliminate different foods from your diet to see if that helps.
you should get scoped. It may be a peptic ulcer.....and stress, huge temp changes in food, spicy foods, alcohol etc can make it worse.
Yeah i do need to see my doc about this particular problem, i recently went in for my anxiety and depression and other strange symptoms and she had me do some blood work, and told me its most likely my stress that is causing my health issues, but i guess ill have to wait to find out what the blood test says, it will be my third round of bloodwork, that last two turned out fine, so im guessing all this stress has probably caused or made worse a peptic ulcer cuz i have all the symptoms.
yep i really think its a peptic ulcer, so i need to talk my doc about it and see if and how bad it is.
Yes, you should see a doctor about this.  It could be a peptic ulcer and I would recommend getting testing done to see if this is what you have.