Upset stomach every day
I am a fairly active young adult, regular weight and I eat pretty healthy.
For over a year now I have had 1) more gas than usual, as in every day at some point, 2) diarrhea about 5 times a week, 3) bowel movements around 4 times a day, 4) always have a bowel movement within two hours of eating, usually very soon after (it can be 5 minutes after putting anything in my stomach), and 5) some stools with mucus, at least 3 times a week.
I know I am lactose intolerant, and in the past knew exactly what would and would not upset my stomach.
Now everything seems to upset my stomach.  Salads, pasta, juices; foods or drinks that are too hot or too cold such as tea or ice water.  I used to drink beer because I knew I wouldn't feel ill if I did, and now when I do I tend to have loose stool and gas.
It's gotten to the point where I don't want to eat, and can't eat if I know when I'm going to be going to do something, and it's very depressing.
In the past I have taken antibiotics which did mess up my stomach some, but I feel like after a year or more my stomach should have readjusted itself.  I am wondering if this could still be the problem and I need to take probiotics.  My mother has hyperthyroidism and said before she was diagnosed she had similar symptoms, but I haven't really lost or gained a lot of weight.  I am also wondering if I could be allergic to gluten or some other product.
Does anyone know what this could possibly be???
I used to have what you are describing for several years (almost 10 years?). I used to have to go so frequently and often it would interfere with regular activities. Everything made me want to go, even being nervous or anxious or bored (yikes!)

It stopped about half a year ago and I've been trying to figure out what I've been doing different that has given me relatively "normal" movements since then. I can't really think of anything that has been TOO different. I still occasionally get crazy movements, especially when I drink alcohol.  I have cut back on alcohol and I do eat a lot more food with probiotics (yogurt, pickled foods, etc) lately.. I'm not really sure if that really is the reason why things have changed.

A few years ago I asked my doctor about it and he didn't seem too concerned and just told me it might be a mild case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I never really looked into it since then and just kinda learned to cope with it. My father is the same way so I figure it might have been genetic, especially with colon problems running on his side of the family.

It is very possible that the antibiotics may have upset the balance of normal, healthy gut flora resulting in more bad bacteria (Clostridium difficile).

Go to your family doctor and have a physical done (including a complete routine blood workup which may be able to rule out thyroid abnormalities).

I am a nutritionist.  Your intestinal flora does not just go back to normal after taking anitbiotics.  Go to the grocery store and buy some Activia.  Take it every day.  It may take 2 weeks to work.  Keep taking it EVERY day if it work..for months.  If it doesn't work, go see a holistic doctor.  A good one.  Not a new age one.  One that has hospital privilages.  Only holistic doctors really know how to treat a yeast over growth.  And if he says that he is positive that yeast is not your problem, find a place where they do a test called a Heidelberg Gastrogram (google this).  Good Luck!