Upset stomach every morning?
For the past week every morning when I wake up to go to school I have an upset stomach that feels like diarrhea.. Well, it is diarrhea, but if I eat something it makes it 10xs worse! Also if I sleep it off I don't have any problems.. For example on the weekends I wake up at ten and my stomach is completely fine, whereas on weekdays I wake up at 7 and give or take 15 minutes later I have diarrhea.. This just started last week, but before that I had no problems.. I'm a heathy highschool girl, I'm seven pounds overweight, but beside that and asthma I'm pretty much ok..So what could it be?
Hi there,
Stomach upset before going to school is a normal anxiety reaction seen in teens. Dietary modification may help. Avoid greasy oily foods in dinner. Drink plenty of water every day. Take very light breakfast before leaving for school. Stay relaxed and exercise daily for 20-30 minutes. If there is anything which is bothering you and causing concern see a counselor. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!